We are aware of the trust you place in us. We see it as our responsibility to protect your privacy. On this page, we’ll let you know what information we collect when you use our website, why we collect it and how we improve your user experience. Thus you will understand exactly how we work.
Accepting cookies is not required for a visit to our website. We would like to point out, however, that the use of the “shopping basket” function and ordering products is only possible when cookies are accepted.
When you visit our website, you automatically leave certain data behind. What information we receive and store depends on how you use the team-outdoors.nl website.
The Dutch Telecom/Cookie Act has been in force since 5 June 2012. Every website is now legally obliged to inform the user about ‘cookies’ and to ask permission for their use.
Cookies are small text files with data which are stored on the hard drive of your computer by your browser while visiting a Web site and that exchange certain settings and data with the system of the relevant web site. By saving settings and data, websites can fine tune their offers to your needs and the use becomes easier for you, for example, because some of the data are stored in such a way that you need not enter them again and again at each next visit.
Temporary and permanent cookies:
– Temporary cookies are deleted when your browser is closed. These cookies are only valid for the current session and are thus also called session cookies.
– Permanent cookies remain on your computer, even after your browser is closed.
Permanent cookies include:
– Functional or technical cookies: this for instance allows for your login details or the content in your shopping basket to be saved if you make purchases on-line.
– Non-functional cookies: this allows for the registration of your visiting behaviour.
Differentiation between non-functional cookies:
– Direct (first-party) cookies. These are planted by the website that you visit. For example: you can surf to the website of a company and that company places a cookie to keep track of the products being viewed. On your next visit to that website, an offer can then be made on that basis.
– Indirect (third-party) cookies. These are used by advertisers who post targeted offers based on surfing habits on the websites of other companies.
– Google Analytics. Is used to collect anonymous visiting data.
1. allow you to quickly click from one page to another, and to keep track of what you have in your shopping basket. (functional cookies)
2. to store information that you provide to us in your account, so you don’t have to re-enter your order data. (functional cookies)
III. to examine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. (non-functional direct cookies)
1. to register the date and time you visit our website, to get an overview of the total number of visitors to our website and the pages visited. This data provide us with information about the use of our website. The information is not used to identify you, but only to analyse a visit to our site. (See Google Analytics below).
2. to store the domain name and the host of the computer with which you are surfing the internet, the IP address used, information about the software of the browser you are using and the operating system (non-functional direct cookies)
We make use of re-targeting technologies for our website. We use these technologies to make the internet offer even more interesting for you. With this technique it is possible to offer internet users who have already shown interest in our products, advertisements on the websites of our partners.
We are convinced that the display of personalized, interest related advertising is more interesting for the internet user than advertising that do not have this relationship. Displaying these advertisements on pages of our partners is based on cookie technology and an analysis of earlier user behaviour. This form of advertising is completely anonymous. There are no privacy-related data being stored and no usage profiles associated with your privacy-related data.
To do this, you can unsubscribe by using this link:
All this information is not sold, distributed or shared with third parties by Team Outdoors.
You can delete cookies already placed and refuse the placing of new cookies via your browser settings on your computer. The method varies by browser; If necessary, refer to the help function of your browser.
When you visit team-outdoors.nl, you automatically leave data behind. We receive and store the domain name and the host of the computer with which you are surfing the internet, the IP address of the computer you are using, information about the software of the browser you are using, the operating system, the date and time when you visit our website and the internet address with the link to our website. These data provide us with information about the use of our website.
We can also, when we send you an e-mail message, determine whether you can read so-called “graphic-rich” (i.e. emails with a graphic layout) html emails with the e-mail address you are using. With the information we automatically collect, we can improve the search and shopping behaviour of our customers and obtain information about our users and their specific behaviour patterns.
When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications. Sometimes we ask you for your personal information that are relevant for the respective situation. This makes it possible to process your inquiries and respond to your requests. The data is stored on secure servers of Team Outdoors. We will not combine this information with other personal data available to us.
If you just want to take a look at our website, we do not need personal information from you. We also do not store personal information if you use the shopping cart to view the information on our products. We do however need your information when you:
1. want to open an account or place an order; II. want to receive our mailings/newsletters.
To order from Team Outdoors via our website, you can register yourself as customer via team-outdoors.nl. You can then open an account, which is protected by a password that is associated with your email address. In order to register you as a customer, we need some information from you: your name, your email address, billing address, delivery address and your credit card information or other payment information. We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data. That is why we make use of up to date electronic security techniques to protect your data. If you open an account, we ask you for a password. If you then want to make a purchase or want to change the information in the user registration, you only get access when you provide your email address and your password correctly.
Team-outdoors.nl takes great care in using your personal information and only uses the information in your personal user registration to process your orders (look under “stored information” for the data). The information provided on team-outdoors.nl is not passed on to third parties. There is one exception; we do share your personal information, as far as this is necessary, with our electronic payment service. We do this so that the payment of your orders can be processed smoothly.
Team Outdoors always uses a secure SSL connection. Thus, the data flow between the website and the visitor will be protected and cannot be read by third parties.
Once you have confirmed your order, you will be directed to the payment method, via PayPal or credit card. These payment methods are official payment methods that are to be used on the internet. For more information on the iDeal website ().
If you want to adjust your data or want to remove yourself from our files, please contact us. See contact details below.
This privacy statement is adapted to the use of and the opportunities on this site. Any adjustments and/or changes of this site, could lead to changes to this Privacy statement. It is therefore recommended that you regularly consult this Privacy Statement.